How to Plan Your Day
Plan your day
The Out of the Box weekday program has been designed to coincide with the school timetable, allowing you to travel to and from the festival in school hours. Here you'll find some things to help plan your day.
- The 2012 Out of the Box Festival extends over the Cultural Centre site, including QPAC, Gallery of Modern Art, Queensland Museum and State Library of Queensland. We encourage you to explore the entire Out of the Box site.
- Free events take place between 9.00am and 2.30pm. All ticketed performances and workshops commence from 9.00am and conclude by 2.20pm or shortly after.
- Take advantage of the wide choice of free events around the site available in and around your ticketed events. Please be aware that these free events are very popular so you may not be able to participate in your preferred activity immediately. We suggest you consider a couple of options for the free time you have allocated.
- Once you have selected your ticketed events, and made a decision about the free activities you would like to see, carefully consider the time and routes required to move between venues across the festival site.
- We suggest you arrive 30 minutes before starting your day at QPAC so that you have plenty of time to orientate your group to the festival site, make a toilet stop and find your performance/workshop venue.
- Please allow at least 15 minutes for getting to each performance/workshop.
- There are a number of great places across the festival site for a group picnic lunch. Consider the South Bank parklands, the Cultural Forecourt, Melbourne Street Green, Queensland Art Gallery Plaza, Museum Plaza, the Maiwar Green or Kurilpa Park.
- Festival Buddies, wearing red Out of the Box branded t-shirts, will be available to assist you with the location of the nearest facilities and point you in the direction of your next performance/workshop venue. At each venue there will be QPAC front-of-house staff, identified by their uniforms, who will also be available to assist groups.
- We recommend that you identify requirements regarding mobility and other individual needs when booking..
The festival runs from 9.00am to 3.00pm daily. The weekday program has been designed to enable you to travel to and from the festival during school hours. A sample itinerary:
9.30am: Arrive at QPAC
10.00am: See a performance / Participate in a workshop
11.00am: Take a break
11.15am: Participate in free events in and around the Cultural Precinct*
12.00pm: Participate in a workshop / See a performance
1.00pm: Take a lunch break
1.20pm: Participate in free events in and around the Cultural Precinct*
2.00pm: Depart QPAC
Sufficient time has been allocated between performances or workshops for breaks.
*A number of free events enable you to maximise your excursion time. Most free events do not require a booking but please be aware that these events are very popular. We suggest that you consider a number of options for free time.